The AIPMT is a national level entrance test which is also called as All India Pre Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Test. The Central Board of Secondary Education is the main conducting body of AIPMT examination. The AIPMT exam is organized for providing admissions in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) programmes. The AIPMT Seat Allotment 2016 was done on the basis of how many seats are available in colleges/institutions.
Reservation and Categories
Candidates will get admission on the basis of merit list, which will be prepared as per the marks scored by the candidates. Here we have mentioned that how many seats are reserved for different categories:
Seats reserved in government colleges (under 15% All India Quota):
- 15% seats (for SC category)
- 5% seats (for ST category)
- 27% seats are (for non-creamy layer OBC category)
- 3% seats (for PH candidates-only for locomotory disabilities of lower limbs)
Seats reserved in participating colleges/AFMC (other than 15% All India Quota):
- Participating bodies will prepare their own merit list and other criteria for admissions.
- In AFMC, admission and other reservation criteria will be described by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence and Government of India.
AIPMT Seats Allotments
In the table given below, we have mentioned the total seats available for admissions in medical colleges/institutions of different states.
AIPMT Counselling Procedure
The AIPMT Counselling Procedure has been divided in 3 parts, i.e. online counselling (organized by DGHS), offline counselling (conducted for participating universities/colleges-under 15% all India quota) and Delhi University counselling (for 85% seats quota). In the counselling procedure candidate will mark their choices of colleges and course in which they are looking for admission. After that, the allotment of seat will be made as per the rank secured in entrance exam and availability of seats.
For further queries regarding AIPMT Seat Allotment 2016, you may comment below.