The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi organizes the AIPMT (All India Pre Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Test). It is a national level examination. The AIPMT exam is conducted to get admission in various courses of Medical and Dental programmes that are offered by different colleges/institutions of the country. In 2016, AIPMT exam has been replaced by the NEET 2017. All Government Medical colleges (total 15% seats are provided for admission), several State Government colleges and a few Private Colleges and Universities accept admissions on the basis of merit list.
AIPMT 2016 Eligibility
The AIPMT 2016 exam is organized to get admission in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). The AIPMT exam was held on 1st May 2016. Before filling the application form, candidates have advised to read out the AIPMT eligibility criteria carefully and must satisfy that they are eligible or not for the courses in which they looking for admissions. You can also check NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017.
AIPMT 2016 Age Eligibility
Here, we have mentioned the age eligibility of the candidates who are going to take part in AIPMT examination 2016.
- Candidates that was completed 17 years at the time of admission and must complete minimum 17 years before the 31 December 2015 for their admission to the first year of MBBS/BDS course.
- Candidates was not exceed 25 years and above in order to take up AIPMT Exam.
- There is a 5 years relaxation for the candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC classes.
- Candidates those are belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana was eligible for the entrance exam on the basis of self declaration.
- Candidate’s upper age limit those are seeking admission in MBBS/BDS medical courses under the control of the participating Universities/Institutions/States will be as per their rules and regulations.
AIPMT 2016 Qualification Eligibility
The qualification eligibility of AIPMT 2016 is given below.
- All the candidates must have cleared the intermediate or equivalent exam from a well recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio technology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates that was appearing in the intermediate examination and waited for the result may also apply for the entrance exam. If they was not qualify the 12th exam, then he/she was not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS.
- Candidates must have required 50% marks (for General category) and 40% marks (for SC/ST category and OBC Category) and minimum 45% marks (for Gen-PH) and 40% marks (for C-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH).
- To get admission in MBBS/BDS Programmes, marks secured in Mathematics was not be considered.
For further query related to AIPMT 2016 Eligibility, you may leave comment on the comment box.