The AIPMT exam is a national level entrance exam which is organized by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. The AIPMT exam is generally called as All India Pre Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Test. This exam is conducted every year for providing admissions to candidates in MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) courses offered by different colleges/universities located in India except the states of AP, Telangana and J&K. In this article we will going to discuss about the AIPMT exam, offered courses, important dates, eligibility norms, how to apply for AIPMT, admit card, exam pattern, result declaration, cut-off, counselling schedule, admission process and many more.
Courses Offered Through AIPMT
Candidates can get admission by clearing the AIPMT exam in various medical and dental courses provided by various colleges across the country. The offered courses are mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Here we have provided you the exam schedule of AIPMT 2016.
- Online Registration starts: first week of December, 2015.
- Online Registration end date (without late fee): last week of December, 2015.
- Online Registration end date (with late fee): last week of January, 2016.
- Form modification date: 2 weeks window in February, 2016.
- Release of the admit card: first week of April, 2016.
- Examination date: first week of May, 2016.
- Display of answer key: 2nd or 3rd week of May, 2016
- Announcement of result: first week of June, 2016.
AIPMT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to read out the AIPMT eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates must satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the courses in which they seeking for admissions. The eligibility criteria for AIPMT exam in mentioned below:
Eligibility for 15% all india quota seats:
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- The upper age limit will be 25 years for general category and 5 years relaxation will be provided for SC/ST and OBC category.
- In case the candidates belong to Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana they will eligible for the AIPMT exam only for admission to the AFMC, Pune.
- Candidates of Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana states will get admission on the basis of self declaration.
- Candidates must belong to India and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Eligibility for participating States/Universities/Institutions and AFMC:
- The candidates should have completed the age of 17 years and upper age limit will be decided as per the rules and regulation of participating universities.
- The OCI candidates will also be eligible for the exam under the rules and regulation of the Government of India.
- Candidates must have cleared the intermediate or equivalent exam from a well recognized board.
- Candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English in their 10+2 or equivalent class.
- Candidates must have secured 50% marks (for general candidates) and 40% marks (for SC/ST and OBC candidates) and 45% marks (for general PH) and 40% marks (for C-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH).
- Marks secured in Mathematics will not be considered for admission to BBS/BDS Courses.
Reservation and Categories
The admissions of candidates will be done on the basis of merit list. Every year thousand of students appear for AIPMT exam for admission in BDS and MBBS courses under the 15% All India Quota Seats. Here we have mentioned the seats reserved for different categories:
Reservation of Seats in government colleges under 15% All India Quota:
- 15% seats are reserved for SC category
- 5% seats are reserved for ST category
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC category
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotory disabilities of lower limbs)
Reservation of seats in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions/AFMC other than 15% All India Quota:
- In the case of admission to State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions they will prepare their own merit list, eligibility and other criteria.
- For admission to AFMC, Pune will be based as per the norms described by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence and Government of India.
AIPMT Application Form
Candidates who want to appear for the AIPMT exam can fill the AIPMT Application Form 2016 only through online process. The application form was available from the first week of December, 2015 to last week of December, 2015. The application fee (without late fee) will be Rs. 1200/- for general and OBC category and Rs. 650/- for SC/ST/PH category. The application fee (with late fee) was Rs. 2400/- for general candidate and Rs. 1850/- for SC/ST/PH candidate. Candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin before filling the application form.
How to Apply for AIPMT
The application form will be filled and submitted only through the online mode. Candidates are required to fill the form correctly before submitting the application form. Here we have mentioned some steps to fill and submit the application form:
- Candidates log in to the official website of AIPMT.
- Download the information broacher from the official portal.
- Click on the link related to “Apply Online” given on the website.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of latest photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG format.
- Candidates have to submit the scanned image of Self Declaration if the candidates belong to Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana state.
- The fee payment will be made through debit or credit card or through the e-Challan of Syndicate Bank, State Bank Of India, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank.
- Read the application form carefully, before submitting the form.
- Candidates are required to take printout of confirmation page, fee payment and other necessary documents for further use.
After the submission of the application form, the CBSE Board was generate the admit card through online process. The AIPMT Admit Card 2016 was available from the 1st week of April, 2016. Candidates note down that the admit card of AIPMT exam was not sent by post. The admit card was contain the candidates Name, Roll No., Father’s Name, Category, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper, exam venue and exam date and timings. Candidates are suggested to keep the admit card safe till the admission process gets over. Candidates was not be permitted in the examination hall without admit card.
AIPMT Exam Pattern
The question paper of AIPMT exam 2016 was asked in OMR pattern. The paper was contain 180 objective type questions. Each question carries 4 marks, candidate get 4 marks for every correct answer. More than one answer of each question was lead to the negative marking. Use of eraser and white fluid is not allowed so candidates have to be carefully while marking their answer. Candidates was only use black/blue ball point pen provided by the center to fill the answer sheet.
Declaration of Answer Key
The CBSE Board has the authority to provide the AIPMT answer key 2016. The board was display the answer key in the month of May, 2016 before the result announcement. Candidates can download the answer key of AIPMT exam through the official website of the board. Candidates was given a chance to make online changes in the answer key on the payment of Rs. 1000/- per response challenged.
Declaration of Result
The AIPMT result 2016 was announced by the CBSE Board in the first week of June, 2016. Candidates who have appeared for the AIPMT exam can check their result from the official website of the board. There was no separate list for SC/ST category. Candidates have to visit the official website of the board, after that, candidates have to enter the required information such as Roll No. and Date of Birth and click on the submit button. After submission, the result was appear on the screen candidates are required to keep extra printouts for further use.
The CBSE Board was release the cut-off of AIPMT. The AIPMT Cut-Off depends upon the availability of seats, number of candidates and difficulty level of entrance examination. In the year 2016, we are expecting cut-off of AIPMT Examination which is mentioned below:
Category Wise AIPMT Cut-Off:
- UR Category: 685 to 439
- OBC Category: 439 to 434
- SC Category: 439 to 295
- ST Category: 436 to 288
Ranks Wise AIPMT Cut-Off:
- UR Category: M to 13607
- OBC Category: 13608 to 14529
- SC Category: 13671 to 66176
- ST Category: 14095 to 70932
The AIPMT counselling was start within one week from the announcement of the result. The counselling procedure has been divided into three parts which are mentioned here:
Counselling for seats under 15% All India Quota:
The Directorate General of Health Service will organize the online couselling. Candidates who are placed in merit list are advised to go through the information bulletin carefully before appearing for the counselling procedure.
Counselling for participating State Medical Colleges/Universities/ Institutions:
Candidates interested for counselling in for participating State Medical Colleges/Universities/ Institutions will follow the instructions and procedures marked by the authorities of participating bodies.
Counselling for Delhi University under 85% Seats quota:
For counselling for Delhi University candidates are required secure good rank in AIPMT exam and also have to apply to faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi on the application form provided by the Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Delhi.
After the declaration of result, the merit list was made as per the marks scored by the candidate in the entrance exam. Candidates have to choose the choices of colleges and courses where they want to get admission. The allotment of seats was strictly based on the marks scored by the candidates and availability of seats in colleges. After the seats allotment candidates have to go to the allotted college for required course fee payment and for document verification.
The AIPMT Syllabus was based on the 10th and 12th or equivalent class. The syllabus was consist of three parts which are Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The AIPMT question paper was consist of 180 objective type questions related to Physics, Chemistry and Biology of 10th and 12th class level. Candidates are advised to prepare these three subjects before appearing for the AIPMT examination.
Have any queries? you may leave your comments below.